Christmas 2009 Review

Jan 7, 2010

Annabelle began un-decorating our Christmas tree as soon as it was decorated.
There was no shortage of excitement every day of December in casa de Sawyers. The kids practically wore holes in their santa hats this season.
Tate's class performed "Jingle Bell Rock" for the JCS Christmas concert. It took some convincing for him to let me put the red hair spray in his hair.
Many cotton balls were sacrificed in the making of this sheep costume for Gracie, whose class did a short nativity play during the JCS concert. You can't get much cuter than a bunch of 4 year olds in animal costumes!
Gracie with her fellow sheep and good friend, Marcela.
Tate went the conservative route and decided to be an Indiana Jones type of rocker and put his hat on to hide the red streaks in his hair.
The 3 amigos at a Christmas Banquet.
The fourth amigo had to be captured and held in place for this photo!
I have an entire collection of Gracie with this expression. Good times.
Jon and his "mini me." The kids gave Jon red converse for Christmas to match all of theirs.
There are not many things scarier to me than my 5 year old son with a lit candle in a church, except for maybe knowing that Gracie is right beside him with one.
Allie on the other hand keeps her candle at a very safe distance, unless of course you consider that it is almost touching the chair in front of her. At least her hair was safe, right?
Allie trying to contain Annabelle while she sings her the Twelve Days of Christmas!
Ahhh the glow of the Christmas tree in the wee early hours of the morning.
That alligator can really bake! Santa brought some non-princess like costumes to add to our dress up collection. Go Santa!
After everything is unwrapped, the most exciting thing for Annabelle is sitting in this little crate!

What a great Christmas we had celebrating the birth of our saviour, Jesus.

This post is for my dear friend, Carrie, to whom I once offered my christmas tree and then rescinded the offer by decorating it while she was out of town, leaving her to fend for herself in a foreign land. I know: FOR SHAME! She loved me that much that she still even called me a friend after that and even willingly stayed by my side during a c-section, where she literally had the privilege to see my insides. Boy do I LOVE HER!

Because she has mentioned that she keeps checking the blog for updates, I have highlighted some of my favorite parts of this last Christmas season, which I cherished and enjoyed tremendously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I relish your thoughts! Thanks for taking the time to comment!