Jan 12, 2010

Happy New Year = Happy New HAIR


So I sat down in his chair and I said (In Spanish with help from my friend), "Harby, make me young and fashionable, por favor."





And away I walked with fire-y red hair with brassy orange highlights and a lopsided bob (super short on one side, chin length on the other).

My birthday is nearby and I was losing a battle with my wire-y gray hairs that were having a party on my forehead.  And then Harby had his way with them. HA!

I don't know what it is about a new hairdo that I LOVE so much.  Could it be instant gratification?  feeling reinvented?  Instantly losing weight (there was quite a bit of hair on the floor when he was done - work with me on this one :)?  Or maybe this love has just been instilled in me because I was my sister's guinea pig for hair cuts, colors, perms when she was in beauty school - when I was like 8.  I dunno.

4 comments :

  1. Love it! Super cute! I love getting my hair cut too...it's the growing out part that I don't like! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT!!!! and who is Harby and why didn't we know about him when we were there?!
    Rachel, you're one hot mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your hair asi, Raquel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look sooo hip and young and fresh! Good for you...you cute thing:)

    ReplyDelete

I relish your thoughts! Thanks for taking the time to comment!