I lift my eyes up, up to the mountains . . .

Jan 26, 2011

"I lift my eyes up to the mountains; where does my help come from?  My help comes from YOU, Maker of Heaven,Creator of the Earth."  Psalm 121






Never has this verse been more alive to me than it is now. A south Texas girl, I never quite saw the majestic nature of mountains on a daily basis until we moved to the Dominican Republic, where the mountains are an ever changing yet immovable backdrop. The way the sunlight dances on them, and a rain storm makes a good show at hide and seek with them, silhouettes of trees with the sun gleaming behind decorate them - I have come to LOVE these mountains.  I talk to them - er, um - I talk to the Lord often while staring off into their luscious greenery. I lift my eyes up to the moments because I know that my mighty God, who was powerful enough and creative enough to design the contents of the universe, has got my back. 
And speaking of my back (can I get points here for transitioning well between topics?), it is doing a little better each day (thanks to a local physical therapist who is AWESOME!) Thanks for prayers, Rachel

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rachel! Sorry to know your back is hurting you so badly!! That's such a PAIN! Literally! But!! Exclamation points!! I'm so glad you can get some PT to help it. Praying for a speedy recovery for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10 points for the transition...very smooth, indeed! stinko about the back ~ hopefully it's a bit better everyday. a happy point?....more time to blog!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I relish your thoughts! Thanks for taking the time to comment!